Due to expansion we are now recruiting Team Leader for our head office in Ballykelly.
This role will involve supporting the Registered Manager/Area Service Manager/Quality Training and Monitoring Officer overseeing the provision of high quality care to clients in their own homes.
- Assisting the coordinator in the supervision of a team of Domiciliary Care workers
- Monitoring and supporting the care delivery for new and existing Service Users
- Assisting with rota management and on-call
- Liaising with the Health Trusts, Service Users, Keyworkers and private referral agents and maintaining good relationships with them
- Ensure that relevant documentation, systems, processes and all client care visits are all running to the high standards expected
- Ensuring at all times compliance with the Domiciliary Care Agencies Minimum Standards and North West Care’s policies and procedures
- Be flexible and responsive to meet the changing needs of the service and the Service User, including unforeseen business needs
- Ensuring relevant monitoring and quality assurance processes are implemented in accordance with policy and procedures
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisting the Area Service Manager by allocating Service Users to Domiciliary Care Workers, ensuring that the Domiciliary Care Workers are adequately trained for the care package assigned to them.
Assist the Coordinator, including in their absence, with accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new care packages and process changes and amendments to existing care packages.
Monitor and report changes or concerns in Service Users’ conditions to theArea Service Manageror in their absence the relevant line manager.
Assist with the reconciliation of timesheets, preparing paperwork for payroll and notifying Payroll of variations as appropriate when required.
Participate in the out of hours on call rota as directed by the Registered Manager working within on call guidance
Provide effective supervision and guidance to Domiciliary Care staff within the team.
Maintain accurate and confidential records in accordance with company policy and procedure.
Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of service provision.
Identify training and development needs and report any needs within their team of domiciliary care workers to the quality monitoring officer and Area Service Manager.
Record and report to the coordinator and the Registered Manager any complaints/compliments and comments received from Service Users, relatives or Key Workers/Care Managers.
Record and report immediately to the Registered Manager any accidents, incidents and untoward events and complete necessary documentation.
Provide service of service delivery care packages to Service Users as and when required to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
Participate in continuous professional development.
Implement North West Care supervision and appraisal policy
As and when considered necessary or appropriate, you are required to transfer or undertake other duties, within competence and within reason, in order to meet short term fluctuations or priorities in work demands or to cater for emergencies. The employer may, at its discretion, amend your job description at any time within reason.