In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the target for 2020/21 has been raised to 75% for all frontline health and social care staff in NI – NWCare wish to support this target and would like to encourage our teams to get the flu jab – It’s FREE for NWCare Staff
What is the Flu?
Flu is an illness caused by the influenza virus. It occurs every year, usually in winter. Protect yourself and others from flu by helping to prevent the spread of the virus.
How the Flu Vaccine works
The flu vaccine cannot give you flu. The vaccine is made from small parts of the flu virus.
7-14 days after you get the vaccine, your body makes antibodies to the vaccine viruses. These antibodies help protect you against flu
Use the following links to find a list of Participating Community Pharmacies in your area
- Staff based in the Western Trust Area – https://www.nwcare.co.uk/flu-vaccination-for-care-staff-in-the-western-trust-area/
- Staff based in the Belfast Trust Area – https://www.nwcare.co.uk/influenza-vaccination-for-care-workers-in-belfast/
Thinks to do when making an appointment:
- Provide proof you are care worker – NWCare ID
- Check pharmacy in case you need to book appointment
- DO NOT attend the pharmacy or vaccination appointment if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms – or are currently in self-isolation. Contact the pharmacy to get advice and rearrange your appointment.
Team Members in North West – Please note: Flu vaccination is available for care staff in Altnagelvin area hospital Clinic 2 & 3. Staff to bring ID with them. No appointment necessary – DO NOT attend the Hospital or vaccination appointment if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms – or are currently in self-isolation. Contact your local pharmacy to get advice.